renewal

jordynne

hello i am a patient of doc.mj i was just seen about 5 months ago to get my recommendation renewed. now my medical card is about to expire September 9, how do I go about renewing just the medical card if my recommendation through the doctor is still valid 

• Like 4

Hey there!

Thank you for your question! Just so you are aware, your medical card and your medical recommendation are two different things. Your medical card is valid for one calendar year and must be renewed prior to the expiration date listed on your card to avoid a disruption in your recommendation. You are given the option to begin completing your online application for the renewal of your medical card exactly 45 days prior to the expiration date listed on your card. Your medical recommendation is valid for 7 months (or 210 days). Per Florida Amendment 2, all medical cannabis patients must be seen by a physician once every 7 months (or 210 days) to keep their recommendation open and active.

To renew your medical card, you will need to log in to your account at https://mmuregistry.flhealth.gov 

Your username is: YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. If you have forgotten your password and you need to have a temporary password generated for you, simply click the Forgot Password? link to have a link emailed to you which will enable you to set a new temporary password.

Once you have logged in, please click the YOUR CARD link at the top of the screen. Once you have accessed the YOUR CARD page, scroll down and you should see a link that says RENEW CARD. 

Click this link and you will then be prompted to make payment in the amount of $75 (+ $2.75 online convenience fee) and upload a photo of your driver's license for proof of residence. If your driver's license has already been uploaded and there has been no change to any of the information, you may simply use the stored photo in the Registry. 

Florida Residents completing an application for their medical card will now be approved immediately and will receive the approval email at that time and will be able to purchase on the SAME DAY! 

This immediate approval process will now happen with initial, renewal, and replacement medical card applications.

EVERYTHING (address, legal name, etc) must be currently updated and correct with the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles for your initial, renewal, or replacement medical card application to be approved. All patients will need to make the payment at the time of completing the application. The SAME DAY approval will NOT work if there is something that needs to be updated and/or corrected.

If you need assistance, you may reach the Office of Medical Marijuana Use directly by phone at (800) 808-9580 or by email at medicalmarijuanause@flhealth.gov and check your status at any time by logging into your patient portal at https://mmuregistry.flhealth.gov

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us by phone at (888) 908-0143 or by email at info@docmj.com.

• Like 5